We have recently been involved in the design and delivery of a temporary load-out jetty for the Georgiou Brady JV as part of the development of the $37 million Indooroopilly Riverwalk.
The new Riverwalk will provide improved connections for road, rail, cyclists and pedestrians and will feature significant improvements in safety and efficiency.
Lasse Madsen discussed Madsen Giersing’s involvement “We’re delighted to have worked on this key project and look forward to seeing our partners in the Georgiou Brady JV deliver an important link in Brisbane’s active transport network.”
“As always our focus was on delivering the most efficient safe and solution to operating in a marine environment and we are delighted that our involvement in the project has assisted out client deliver this project for Brisbane City Council.”
When complete the project will see:
- A five-metre-wide pedestrian and two-way separated cyclist facility
- Shared cyclist and pedestrian connection to Foxton Street from the Riverwalk
- An upgrade of the Foxton Street and Radnor Street intersection to create a safer environment for all road users
- Connection to the Jack Pesch Bridge and Indooroopilly Rail Station by linking the Riverwalk to the existing path at Witton Barracks
- A dedicated pedestrian connection to Riverview Terrace
- Viewing platforms on the Riverwalk overlooking the Brisbane River and the iconic Walter Taylor Bridge
- Lighting along the length of the Riverwalk
- Landscaping and wayfinding signage
We are looking forward to seeing this project come to life in our city and will keep you updated on its progress.