About Madsen Giersing
Outside the box thinking – an all too common catch phrase for some. Not for us however. At Madsen Giersing (MG) we take the box, and turn it into something extraordinary. Through a collaborative approach and tapping into our many years’ experience, the MG team delivers innovation unlike others in the field.
This approach has led to MG having a proven track record in the delivery of projects across Australia, PNG and South-East Asia, specialising in the innovative design and engineering of marine structures, bridges and temporary works.
About the Role
This is a permanent full-time position available for immediate start based in our Brisbane office.
- This position offers technical design drafting work on civil and marine infrastructure projects
- This position is responsible for the development and preparation of structural design models, drawings and quantity take-offs
- Adherence to internal procedures, processes, and quality measures, which are carried out in accordance with our quality control system, which is third party certified to AS/NZS ISO 9001:2015
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience
- Proficiency with Autodesk, Revit and AutoCAD
- Some experience with BIM (Building Information Modelling) Civil 3D would be an advantage
- Experience or a willingness to learn other applications (e.g. Navisworks)
- The ability to produce structural design models, drawings and quantity take-offs
- The ability to work as part of a team on the CAD component of projects under the supervision of the CAD Manager
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Solid verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- You must be eligible to live and work in Australia to be successful in applying for this role
Why Choose Madsen Giersing
Don’t be deceived by our size. We may be a smaller firm in size, but the projects we work on are industry leading.
- We are the leading innovators in Structural Design Engineering specialising in marine structures, bridges, and temporary works
- Provide engineering consultancy services to both private and public sector
- Projects are based in Australia, PNG, and South-East Asia
- Long term respected client partnerships
- Large challenging projects
What we offer
- Remuneration and benefits in line with experience and qualifications
- A fantastic working environment in a modern top floor office in Newstead with close proximity to public transport and The Gasworks and Emporium complexes with their fantastic cafes
- End of ride facilities including bike storage and showers
- Close-knit culture and open-door policy
To apply, email email@example.com with a cover letter detailing your experience and what you will bring to our organisation, referee details and a copy of your current C.V.
No agencies please