About Madsen Giersing
Outside the box thinking – an all too common catch phrase for some. Not for us however. At Madsen Giersing (MG) we take the box, and turn it into something extraordinary. Through a collaborative approach and tapping into our many years’ experience, the MG team delivers innovation unlike others in the field.
This approach has led to MG having a proven track record in the delivery of projects across Australia, PNG and South-East Asia, specialising in the innovative design and engineering of marine structures, bridges and temporary works.
About the Role
This is a permanent full-time position available for immediate start based in our Brisbane office.
- This position will work on projects within the Marine and Coastal Infrastructure, Temporary Works and Construction Solutions, Bridge and Structural engineering disciplines
- This position prepares engineering designs, calculations and verifications, specifications, and technical reports
- Adherence to internal procedures, processes, and quality measures, which are carried out in accordance with our quality control system, which is third party certified to AS/NZS ISO 9001:2015
- Occasional travel may be required in line with the development and delivery of projects
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 1-5 years’ experience
- Sound technical experience in structural engineering, preferably in the delivery of marine projects
- Ability to think critically and problem solve
- Experience working with Australian Standards, and a knowledge of Australian building codes is preferable
- Experience in finite element analysis is preferable
- Experience using structural analysis software, such as Microstrand or Spacegas
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Solid verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- You must be eligible to live and work in Australia to be successful in applying for this role
Why Choose Madsen Giersing?
Don’t be deceived by our size. We may be a smaller firm in size, but the projects we work on are industry leading.
- We are the leading innovators in Structural Design Engineering specialising in marine structures, bridges, and temporary works
- Provide engineering consultancy services to both private and public sector
- Projects are based in Australia, PNG, and South-East Asia
- Long term respected client partnerships
- Large challenging projects
What we offer
- Remuneration and benefits in line with experience and qualifications
- A fantastic working environment in a modern top floor office in Newstead with close proximity to public transport and The Gasworks and Emporium complexes with their fantastic cafes
- End of ride facilities including bike storage and showers
- Close-knit culture and open-door policy
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter detailing your experience and what you will bring to our organisation, referee details and a copy of your current C.V.
No agencies please